Pastor Phil has a message on what we are doing to prepare to re-open and what it will look like when we are able to do so. Below the video is more information on what we are doing, what we need, and how you can help.
The Leadership Team & Staff at HCF met on Saturday, May 16th, 2020 to discuss plans & procedures for re-opening our campus & facilities for regular Worship Services as specified by the governor’s office Phase 1 – Safer At Home plan.
We are hoping to be able to open as quickly as possible, however, it is clear there are a number of things that need to be done & in place prior to that becoming a reality. In our discussion around these key elements and understanding what it is going to take to make it happen, we have targeted Sunday, May 31, 2020 as an opening date. Online options will still be made available for those that would prefer to experience worship in that manner. This date is preliminary and is assuming that all necessary components required to re-open are in effect and in place.
What Is the Church Doing?
This is merely an overview to give everyone insight into our desire to present the best experience for you and our guests as we move through the “new normal”. HCF Staff and leadership are developing and putting into place comprehensive plans and procedures to ensure the safety, comfort and security of all those who choose to take part in our live worship services.
To meet our re-opening goal, we are in the process of implementing the following:
- We’re laying out the sanctuary to allow for ‘social distancing’ guidelines of 6’ of separation. Family groups will be allowed to sit together, and we will be spacing rows – front to back & side to side – to allow for that 6’ separation. Single attenders will be directed to seats that will allow for separation.
- We will have ‘directional travel’ to ensure distance and flow of traffic into & through the building
- We will be doing a thorough cleaning & disinfecting of the entire building prior to opening. This means all hard surfaces cleaned with disinfectant and all soft surfaces vacuumed & then sprayed with disinfectant spray. All ‘excess’ items will be removed from the area & stored to eliminate potential contact.
- We will be providing the following for those attending our services if desired:
- Touch-less hand sanitizer dispensers at each entrance & near restrooms
- We will be cleaning & sanitizing the entire sanctuary before & after each service with disinfectant cleaners & sprays:
- All chairs will be sprayed & wiped down as appropriate
- Tables & hard surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes/cleaner
- Door handles, knobs, and latches will all be wiped down with disinfectant wipes/cleaners
- All items on stage will be appropriately cleaned/wiped down with disinfectant wipes/cleaners [or appropriate cleaners as not to damage electronic equipment]
- Sound booth will be wiped down/cleaned with appropriate cleaners as not to damage equipment
- Altars will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes/cleaners & kneel pads sprayed with disinfectant spray
- Bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned & disinfected before & after each service as well as hard surfaces [door knobs, sink & toilet handles, toilet seats] wiped down with disinfectant wipes/cleaners between each use
- We will be propping the doors open to allow free flow into & out of the facility and to ensure no one has to touch the handles
- We will have hosts to guide & direct people to seating to ensure proper distancing and flow
- We will not be offering food or beverages at this time
- We will have bottled water
- We will not have handouts [this includes message notes, connect cards, or other]
- We will make all announcements through slides &/or social media
- We will provide envelopes for giving
- We will not be passing the plate
- We will provide options for dropping off tithes/offering as well as online giving
- We will be using prepackaged communion cups for times of The Lord’s Supper
- We will not be doing group baptisms [unless members of same family]
- We will be encouraging families to sit together and there will be no nursery, children’s or youth ministries for the foreseeable future in order to ensure we are doing everything we possibly can to keep our people safe, especially our young ones
How Can You Help?
We, as your Leadership Team & Staff cannot do this alone – we need your help. There are three primary ways you can help us get the church doors opened back up. They involve the three T’s of servant-hood: Time, Treasure and Talents. If you’re interested in helping us accomplish what is needed, please contact us by emailing Sherlyn.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
What can I do (Time and Talents)?
We NEED you! The more people we have giving of their time and filling the positions needed to ensure we meet the proper criteria to open, the more certain we can be of the opening date. We have among us those that are exceptionally gifted in many of these areas and would love to see you step into a ministry role in helping to accomplish the mission. We can plug you in, we just need you to be willing! We need people before, during, after, and in between services. If you want to serve, we absolutely have a place for you,
What can I give?
In addition to your normal tithes and offerings, we will need to ensure an adequate supply of cleaning & disinfecting products [which, we know at this time, are difficult to find]. The team at HCF is working to acquire what we can, however, we cannot do it alone! As a result, we would appreciate any help in procuring any (or all) of the following:
- Lysol (or Clorox) Disinfectant Spray [preferably a no scent or light scent as to not aggravate those with breathing conditions, but will take any].
- Lysol (or Clorox) Disinfectant wipes – these are the best option for a number of reasons: 1) They are disposable & reduce cross-contamination, 2) Usually don’t have a high concentration of bleach which can damage surfaces due to prolonged contact or improper solution balance
- Isopropyl alcohol wipes consisting of at least 70% alcohol
- Disposable Gloves (Med & Lg)
- Carpet sanitizer (powder or spray)
- Jugs/Refill bottles of liquid hand sanitizer
We are looking forward to returning together to gather for regular services and we look forward to seeing you – as you feel comfortable and as you choose. We love, appreciate, and are blessed to serve each and every one of you.
Be Blessed & Be a Blessing!
“All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer. A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity — all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved” Acts 2:42-47 (NLT)